Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 4, 2011

6 weeks!

My Winston,
You are now 6 weeks old and it kind of hurts my heart that time is going so fast . It has been so amazing having you in our home and in our lives.
I love watching you grow and learn.
You make all kinds of crazy faces and noices which keep us very entertained.
You LOVE your hands and they are very, very large for your little body.
You have ridiculously skinny, long arms.
You are now eating like a champ which is great news because when you were in the hospital you had a really, really hard time with it.
At your one week appointment you lost an ounce, so you were 5 pounds 4 ounces and everything else was perfectly healthy.
At your two week appointment you were 5 pounds 9 ounces and you grew an inch and are now 19 inches. My growing boy!
At 3 weeks you had an appointment just to get your weight checked and finally broke 6 pounds! You were 6 pounds and 4 ounces and growing like crazy!
You have your 2 month appointment in just a few short weeks and you will get all your shots : (. I am guessing that you will be close to 10 pounds.
You love to snuggle on my chest and you are only waking up once during the night (if you wake up at all).
I have way too much fun with your hair and I am not sure your dad appreciates it when I do your hair like you are my little doll. But really, it is so fun.
There is a picture that we have hanging up on the wall. It's a black and white photo of the temple that your dad got for me last Christmas. Well, it is your favorite. You could stare at that thing for hours if we let you. I think that it is adorable!
I know that all babies have that dark grayish blue color eyes for a while and you can't really tell their real eye color but, the shade of your eyes have gotten ligher and we are pretty sure that you are going to be a blue eyed boy just like your daddy!
So far the only things that you get from me are your tinny little booty, and your hair line...




However, you are constantly moving your hands so we are pretty sure that you are going to talk with your hands. If you do end up being a hand talker than you will get that from me!... Er...
Anyways, your new little cousin, Peyton Elizabeth, was born on the second! She is adorable and almost as little as you were when you were born. We took a picture of you next to her and I can't believe how much you have grown...

Wow! That's a lot of random information!!!
We sure do love you Winston!

2 comments:

  1. It may be seemingly random but it's these cute little silly things he is going to love to know and read about when he's older! You are such a cute mom Emily! You guys made an adorable little guy! (But I'm sure you already know that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks Kami. I feel like this blog is may end up being more for me than him... Either way, I am glad I am doing it!

    ReplyDelete